sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] kernel compilation + initrd

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] kernel compilation + initrd
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:42:14 -0600

On 3/17/07, David Brown <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com> wrote:
On 3/17/07, Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr AT gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah I just used /etc/modules cause it was there I probably should
> > change the script to add modules from a different file and the
> > initramfs spell should probably have a dependency on klibc since
> > that's kinda needed...
>
> Hmm, I tried casting klibc unsuccessfully:
>
> [...]

Yeah that's because klibc builds against the kernel version there it
needs to be updated to 1.5... I'm doing this now in test grimoire you
are fine to just change /var/lib/sorcery/codex/test/libs/klibc/DETAILS
to version 1.5 and I've verified that it works. Yeah sometimes I
forget to update stuff like klibc that compiles against the newest
kernel to make sure it works. The binaries work just fine but you
don't have those ;).

Thanks for the feedback I'm putting some of the fixes you brought up
in the last email in the linux-initramfs spell (mkinitrd etc) now. You
should be able to get them < 6hours or so.

- David Brown

The 1.5 version change was right, only thing you pointed out testing,
and the stable version, which is the one I'm using, required the
change as well...

I'll try initrd later then, in a few hours, :).

--
Javier