sm-users - [SM-Users] broken spells

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] broken spells
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:53:26 +0100

Hell-o!

On my last fresh install (on NFS, machine: K6-3+; optimization accordingly) I
noticed some more broken spells:

mknbi-1.4.2 in stable doesn't compile on the current setup; mknbi-1.4.4 from
test does and also works (the machine actually boots with a kernel image
prepared with it).

lirc doesn't compile unless it is given some --with-drivers=... -> this
should go into the configuration stage (best with some kind of menu...)

libpng in stable fails because some sed script doesn't work (I suppose the
one that modifies the Makefile); the one from test with configure installs
fine.

At last there is net-tools, which installs fine, but whose many configuration
options are tedious (say no/yes to all these network protocols - two times!).
Couldn't one make this into a dialog? There's a general point: When ansering
many y/n questions, one may make a mistake and want to correct it. Some
breakout of the linear procedure (if form of a kernel's menuconfig style
dialog, perhaps) looks very desirable to me.

Thomas.