sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] first experiences and problems [am I really on the list?]

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] first experiences and problems [am I really on the list?]
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:12:36 +0100

> You can use the tool `scribbler` for this.

Sure, I know now (my 'test' is already the last in the list). I just pointed
out the intuition of the Unexperienced User. Of course the system makes sense
when you thought about it ... and that may be ok since SourceMage is not
aimed to ignorant users (or is it?); I was just too impatient at the first
install and just did stuff - experimentally - as I don't need this machine
for daily work.

> > Maybe one should just let scribe give out a message stating that grimoire
> > Y has been but in front? Or handle it like init scripts with a
> > separate enabling step additional to install? At least a more verbose
> > scribe possibly could print out the modified grimoire list after and add.
> > Problem is that I won't stumble over that again; A modified scribe had to
> > be tested by another "virgin" user for its intuitivity.
>
> Running `scribe index` or `gaze grimoires` will give you a listing of
> what grimoires you have installed and the order in which they are
> searched.

Sure, You just have to think a little and ask for the information instead of
passively waiting for it to be presented. It's kindof a basic decision. I
agree that the usage of scribe/scribbler is ok when you're not dumb-headed
(or decide to act as if).

> > On GUIlib: Can I expect that this will be fixed soon?
>
> Tonight at the latest, sooner if someone beats me too it. :)
> <snip>

Great.

Thomas.