sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] problem with qt-x11

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <a_bouter AT ezrs.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] problem with qt-x11
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:51:04 +0200

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:39:34 -0700
Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:

> Quoting bebo DEMENCIA <beboblack AT gmail.com>:
> > heyy, i used cleanse --fix .. and i fixed a LOT of err0rs in
> > my SMGL, i compiled the dockbook-xls OK, and i compiled gnupg.. i had
> > problems traying to compile those.. btw the qt-x11 still gives me
> > problems, a new one now.. listboxeditor.h compiles OK now, but i have
> > a new err0r "Illegal Instruction" in another file.. My arc is AMD
> > Athlon, im Using an AMD proccessor

Do you have an athlon processor? or a K6 or something?
It's important that you choose the right arch.

> Could you please stop replying to me personally and use the list? This is
> getting a bit annoying as I've asked you to do that three times now.

no, really? ;)

> I also asked what optimizations you're using as some of those might be
> breaking your compile. Try turning off speedy, combreloc, and prelink if you
> have them enabled.

I'd say turn them all off for the moment, you can always switch them back on
later.

> I've compiled qt-x11 fine on my athlon-xp with speedy, combreloc, prelink,
> and
> strip, so I doubt its any of those, but I don't see how you can continue to
> get this error if you're not even using nvidia_driver.
>
> Anyone else have an idea?

Do you use the latest grimoire and sorcery versions?
if not:
sorcery update && scribe update

Arjan (abouter) Bouter