sm-users - [SM-Users] SMGL on SGI Indy

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>
  • To: Sourcemage Users List <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Users] SMGL on SGI Indy
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 02:04:33 +0100

I'm getting a couple of second hand SGI Indy R5000's, so I'm wondering
if anybody have any experiences to share (other than what the wiki
already holds on porting to other architechtures)? As far as I can
tell both Debian and Gentoo have some kind of Indy support, so I'm
wondering which one would be the best point to start from (the end
goal is to have the machines be 100% SMGL, and have some sort of
install system for it (iso is not likely to be a good idea, since I'm
neither sure of getting a CD-rom with them, or whether they will boot
from CD))? Or would it be easier to set up for crosscompiling?

Anyway, just wanted to 'tell the world'. ;-)

/dossen
--
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to
hang yourself. And then a couple of feet more, just to be sure.