sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] glibc/linux-2.6.0-testX compile problem + solution

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] glibc/linux-2.6.0-testX compile problem + solution
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 12:26:51 +0200

On 23/08/03 18.08, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>:
> > It seems that the current glibc does not compile on the 2.6.0 kernels.
> > In /usr/src/linux/include/linux/sysctl.h one of the structs uses the
> > symbol __user, which resides in linux/compiler.h.
[snip]
> Have you tried patching glibc to use NPTL? (RH9 has NPTL+glibc on their 2.4
> boxen).

Nope, but I wouldn't mind trying. Is there a spell for NPTL-glibc
somewhere, or will I have to roll my own? I've checked my mailboxes, codex
and the bugzilla and no useful references to NPTL comes up. So if
somebody has already done up the spell please share, otherwise I might
try it out when get some time (university starts again tomorrow).

/dossen
--
"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
-- Karl Lehenbauer