sm-users - [SM-Users] Re: [SM-Grimoire] new init system

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] Re: [SM-Grimoire] new init system
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:29:44 -0500

Geoffrey Derber wrote:
Okay, I've more or less gotten the new init system up and running on my system, but there are a few quirks I need help with.

When I boot my system, even though it's in runlevel 5 for default, I have to do the following things before I can get gdm to run.

cd /etc/init.d/runlevels/%S/
./keymap.sh start
./hotplug start
modprobe nvidia

neither init script, both of which are set as executable, are being run, also, when I start X, the nvidia module isn't being loaded, I have to manually load it prior to trying to start X, otherwise I get error messages about not being able to load the nvidia module.

Also, I'm using the devel sorcery, it's dated as 20030819, even though I tried to download it twice, once yesterday, then again less than an hour ago. I'm getting an error message for the init scripts to install.

"Usage: installscript <scriptname>" in every one I've tried so far.

Geoff

This really should have gone to sm-users rather than Grimoire. I wasn't thinking earlier.

Geoff

  • [SM-Users] Re: [SM-Grimoire] new init system, Geoffrey Derber, 08/24/2003