sm-users - [SM-Users] glibc/linux-2.6.0-testX compile problem + solution

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>
  • To: Sourcemage Users List <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Users] glibc/linux-2.6.0-testX compile problem + solution
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:31:37 +0200

It seems that the current glibc does not compile on the 2.6.0 kernels.
In /usr/src/linux/include/linux/sysctl.h one of the structs uses the
symbol __user, which resides in linux/compiler.h.

Adding #include <linux/compiler.h> to sysctl.h fixes the problem. So
if other enterprising Sourcemages out there are trying the
test-kernels (which have been running fine here (though not for very
lon at a time - laptop)) and have problems compiling glibc (or
anything else that complains about sysctl.h), I hope this is helpful.

Oh... and a big round of applause to the init-system/devfs guys. The
new system is great, and besides me forgetting to run lilo and having
to fix a few pre-existing problems it went very smoothly. Kudos!

/dossen
--
"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
-- Karl Lehenbauer