sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] recovery program?

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] recovery program?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:45:34 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew said:
<snip>
> ext2/3 has such a tool. most of that stuff is filesystem specific
> though...xfs for example is essentially a lost cause.

I have successfully used debugfs (debugreiserfs and others also available)
to recover files on my disk, though it is recommended to use them as soon
as possible after the deletion and to not do too much disk activity
(including rebooting). I only needed to recover a few files, nothing on
your magnitude.

Also, I'm using xfce4 and haven't had that problem, though I don't use the
file manager much, just to browse around.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61