sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Ksorcery v0.2

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Zach Hobbs <zach AT firstwavedesign.com>
  • To: "isoperimetrix" <olso1911 AT umn.edu>, sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Ksorcery v0.2
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:53:03 +0000

On Monday 27 January 2003 04:13 pm, isoperimetrix wrote:
> Very nice. I've got a couple nits after poking around with it. I resized
> the left pane because Status was partially obscured, and when I click on a
> spell it resizes the pane back to its default setting. When I select a file
> under edit spell, the font size in the edit window is too small.

Not sure about the window resizing, I'm not the best at laying out QT as it's
my first app. I do see what you mean, the left pane isn't obscured for me
though. I'll tweak it and see if I can get it to not resize when you select
a different spell. v0.2.1 will have an option to change the font in the file
editor window, I didn't like the way that it was doing it when it uses "KDE
Defaults" so I hardcoded the font weight.

> Despite this, it's still quite usable. I especially liked the color coded
> spell lists with the version numbers etc. I thought that was really handy.
> I'm also wondering if its possible to embed the console interaction and
> output inside the app?

Well, it's possible. I've thought about a window that pops up saying
"Whatever you just did finished, want to rebuild griomoire(s)?". The hard
part is figuring out the "whatever you just did" so I know what to refresh,
etc. I was looking thought the konsole CVS, and in the next version I'll be
able to embed a konsole in a window and send it commands back and forth.
So, I think I'm just going to wait for this to hit KDE (probably 3.2).

Talk to you later, thanks for the comments,
-Zach Hobbs