sm-users - [SM-Users] iso and rsync install

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "David Barron" <David.Barron AT sas.com>
  • To: <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Users] iso and rsync install
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:32:09 -0500

Forgive me if this question has been asked before but I've just joined the
list.

I'm trying to install SM for the first time. I don't have a cd burner so I'm
trying the install as it's described in
<http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Install+using+chroot+and+rsync>

I've issued the chroot command, all is ok
I issue the various mount command, no problem.

Now what?

The document says "Now you can start messing around in that dir" but details
are sparse as to what I need to do from here to get the install going. Is
there any more information anywhere on the steps for a chroot and rsync
install?

Thanks

David Barron
Technical Support Analyst 4
SAS Institute Inc.
David.Barron AT sas.com

  • [SM-Users] iso and rsync install, David Barron, 01/27/2003