sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]cleaned up init scripts (with functions) for basesystem

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: "ML" <m.l AT compaqnet.fr>
  • To: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • Cc: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]cleaned up init scripts (with functions) for basesystem
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:48:27 +0100

> M.L. wrote:
>
> > why don't you use sorcery (subroutines) framework ?
> > It provides "messages" with colored output, and some functions that may be
> > interresting...
>
> Which subroutine function would you use specifically?

Well... I guess you can reuse:
- message (colored output, using same colors as sorcery (error, message,
query...))
- wait_* (print dots waitting for some work to ends)
- sedit (if requires conf file parsing)
- spell_installed (if a daemon needs to know if something is here...)
- motd (coming soon)
- and so on...

you see what I mean ?
"don't reinvent the wheel"... that's all I'm *suggesting* (I'm not firing on
your work, far from it... I just like a consistent system, with as much reuse
and standardization as possible... Linux distros lacks this kind of things all
the time).

Bye,
Mat.

> --
> "You can fool some of the people all of the time
> --and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"
> GW Bush-- from the N.Y. Times

//
// M.L.
// Linux User #36502 ; ICQ #23832402