sm-spell-submit - [SM-Spell-Submit]cleaned up init scripts (with functions) for basesystem

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • Cc: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Spell-Submit]cleaned up init scripts (with functions) for basesystem
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:39:45 -0400

Andrew Stitt wrote:
I'll be glad to help, just email me some projects to work on or
something like that. Let me know if the devfsd spell works out ok for
you, it was pretty much a fill in the blank sort of spell. Im using my
old devfsd.conf file from a previous installation before I went to SM,
it seems to be doing fine.

If you could look at what you have in the /etc/init.d directory on your machine and compare it to what I have worked on so far, and process those scripts I don't have (and test run those you do!) it would help.

What I am doing is running through the ones I have and finding if there is anything that will cause issues (cups for instance installs the script improperly, in my opinion, alsa is missing a depends, none of them have functions to pretty them up) stuff like that.

Attached is what I have done so far with the scripts and functions, these work on my machine pretty well. This is still a work in progress, any contributions are of course welcome.

BTW, the included cups script it's still outputting some extraneous text on my pc after it start ups the cups daemon. No biggie, but not an overall "prettification" in my opinion.

This is not a spell, btw. Not sure how exactly to implement this as a spell at the moment, this is just where I am at right now.

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"