sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]new spell devfsd

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • Cc: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit]new spell devfsd
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:40:50 -0400

Andrew Stitt wrote:
why isnt this in the grimoire already? i want to change my devfs settings
at runtime.

I have been working on this as part of the SourceMage core spells, and could use the help! I have had some problems here, and haven't gotten as much down as I would like, so I appreciate your work on this spell.

If you are interested, the core spells have to do with the basic init.d scripts, the way they are written currently and establishing some sanity to the overall process. Right now it's pretty much a hodgepodge left over from when K.S. did it all. (The whole /devices thing is part of his handiwork. It works, but the daemon is a big part of devfs.)

Let me know how it works for you, if you could. If you want, you can help with the whole process!

Thanks again.

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"