sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] Explicit depend

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: Source Mage - Grimoire <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] Explicit depend
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:04:44 +0200

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:57:10AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know what everyone thinks of using explicit dependencies
> rather than implice (xfree86 and gcc)? I just had my install not work for
> xdvi because it needs xfree86, but I was not asked to do so (was just
> installed linuxdoc or some such).

As far as i know, every spell that depends on xfree needs to have it in
it's dependency list, unless it's already covered by one of the other
depends. gtk+ has a dep on xfree, so a spell using gtk wouldn't need to
explicitly depend on xfree, while xdvi definitely needs to. (gtk+2
doesn't have a dep on xfree, which is wrong imho).