sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Trying to install SMGL on x86 from the old ISO and advancing from there … with linux spell trouble

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Trying to install SMGL on x86 from the old ISO and advancing from there … with linux spell trouble
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 13:49:05 +0200

Am Sun, 14 Aug 2016 12:24:28 +0200
schrieb Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>:

> > I've seen an error of grep _after_ the summon attempt … about
> > --exclude-dir not being supported. But an update of grep …
> Interesting. We use that switch since 2008 and only in one place — mirror
> expansion.

OK, so it's not fatal in this situation anyway: I copied the sources
to /var/spool/sorcery manually and no downloading should occur, nor can
occur, since there is not network yet.

> So I'd try building an interim version of grep, since the latest
> fails with an old glibc (a newer glibc is not an option?).

Newer glibc may be an option and I actually tried, but it stumbled over
the same issue of trying to get a kernel.tar.bz2.sign instead of
kernel.tar.sign, this time for a 2.6 one. It may work if I choose a
different set of headers, as I observe current glibc spell having
correct tar.sign, where linux spell goes for tar.xz.sign.

So, if the tar.sign controversy is resolved, everything may work
happily …

Alrighty then,

Thomas