sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for Project Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for Project Lead
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 22:22:16 -0500

On 06/06/2016 10:56 AM, David Kowis wrote:
> On 2016-06-06 10:41, David Kowis wrote:
>> On 2016-05-29 17:17, Vlad Glagolev wrote:
>>> Aceepted!
>>
>> Given that there's only one accepted Temporary Project Lead, and
>> the week of time has expired, and there haven't been any other
>> nominations, I'm going to say that we don't need to cast actual
>> ballots, because there's only one possible candidate.
>
> Actually, according to our bylaws, I'm a filthy liar. We have to
> have a vote anyway.
>
> http://sourcemage.org/Policy/Voting
>
> The lead voting process is followed for Project lead, so Lead
> Developers MUST cast a vote, and General Developers MAY cast a
> vote. More than 50% of the Lead Developers MUST cast a vote, or the
> vote is invalid. Only a simple majority of votes cast is required.
>
> So the position becomes vacant, and someone else gets to run/call
> for votes if it doesn't get done this time.
>
>> Lead votes last one week from the date they are called for.
>
> Officially calling for this lead vote as soon as I can get home and
> send a signed email.
>
> You can send your votes to dkowis+smgl AT shlrm.org, and I'll get you
> back with your hash.

Okay, this is the signed email verifying everything that I said above.

One week of voting from today, means it ends on Monday June 13th.

Looking at our current list of developers:
http://sourcemage.org/Developers

Myself, Eric Sandalle, Jaka Kranjc, Jeremy Blosser, Justin Boffemmyer,
Ladislav Hagara, Treeve Jelbert, and Vlad Glagolev *MUST* cast votes.
At least 50% of the above mentioned *MUST* cast a vote for the vote to
be considered valid.

Everyone else in the Circle of Mages *MAY* vote, and their vote
contributes to the simple majority required, but they're not required
to vote.

Again, you can send votes to dkowis+smgl AT shlrm.org and I'll get back
to you with a probst hash as soon as I can.

- --
David Kowis