sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for Project Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for Project Lead
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 21:42:37 +0200

On Saturday 28 of May 2016 04:38:19 Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Am Fri, 27 May 2016 14:41:41 -0500
>
> schrieb David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>:
> > Okay, it's been about a week for nominations. Nominations be over
> > tomorrow Central Time. I'll call it 24 hours from this email.
> >
> > We've got three nominations that are up for acceptance and seconding.
> >
> > * Vlad Glagolev (Stealth)
> > * Ismael Luceno (ismaell)
> > * Thomas Orgis (sobukus)
> >
> > > The nomination MUST be seconded within one week of being made.
> > > The nomination MUST be accepted within one week of being made.
>
> I second Vlad's and Ismael's nomination. I feel the need to humbly
> decline my nomination. I am trying to keep up with necessary work on
> the grimoire to keep my 3 machines with SMGL working, maybe I'll expand
> to four, if Flux has a new ISO (for USB media) to test. That brings me
> to two other sensible nominations:
>
> - Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer as our current hope of getting the
> distro alive again with proper install media
> - Jaka Kranjc as our main Sorcery expert, a reliable figure to get
> advice from
Thanks, but I'll have to decline. After even the testing chroot I used broke
irreparably with an unfortunate grimoire update, I completely lost interest.
But that was just the tipping point, years ago — like many others, I prefer
spend time on things higher in the stack than a distribution. Therefore I
wouldn't be a good fit for a project lead.

However, this doesn't mean that I'm gone. Any critical new issues (like the
tr
and grep changes) still get adressed and I'm always available for reviews and
talk about design.

LP
--
To err is humour