sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for Project Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Nominations for Project Lead
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 04:38:19 +0200

Am Fri, 27 May 2016 14:41:41 -0500
schrieb David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>:

> Okay, it's been about a week for nominations. Nominations be over
> tomorrow Central Time. I'll call it 24 hours from this email.
>
> We've got three nominations that are up for acceptance and seconding.
>
> * Vlad Glagolev (Stealth)
> * Ismael Luceno (ismaell)
> * Thomas Orgis (sobukus)
>
> > The nomination MUST be seconded within one week of being made.
> > The nomination MUST be accepted within one week of being made.

I second Vlad's and Ismael's nomination. I feel the need to humbly
decline my nomination. I am trying to keep up with necessary work on
the grimoire to keep my 3 machines with SMGL working, maybe I'll expand
to four, if Flux has a new ISO (for USB media) to test. That brings me
to two other sensible nominations:

- Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer as our current hope of getting the
distro alive again with proper install media
- Jaka Kranjc as our main Sorcery expert, a reliable figure to get
advice from

I hope to one time get to help out with some sorcery/castfs stuff to
realise nonlinear configuration and staging of multiple cast … and
proper encapsulation of casting itself. That I did not find the time
for any of that yet is a sign that my capacity to take on additional
functions is limited by the usual constraints. Since I'm with the
project for 10 years now, I could test the waters with this Lead
Developer thing first … casting votes and such.

Alrighty then,

Thomas