sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Resurrected bug-tracker

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Resurrected bug-tracker
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 10:31:06 +0300

On Sat, 02 May 2015 19:51:40 -0500
David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org> wrote:

> I don't have any keys to the sourcemage.ru infrastructure, I don't know
> how it's backed up, if at all, or what happens if something fails. I
> wouldn't have any authority to fix things, unless that's willing to be
> given.

It is the end of May, and we have some progress going on, but just a
reminder here: seems our box hasn't been updated since at least Feb 8:

$ df -h | grep 100%
/dev/mapper/vol00-backups 37G 37G 0 100% /var/backups
$ ls -ld /var/backups
drwxr-s--- 6 root backup 4096 Feb 8 01:17 /var/backups

I presume that was the last time when our backup failed to complete.

I suggest to set up some plain monitoring to avoid situations like
this. For example monit is fast/flexbile/simple enough and is
up-to-date @ our current stable to use.

--
Vlad Glagolev