sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-drivers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-drivers
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 22:27:55 +0200

Am Wed, 20 May 2015 18:58:40 +0200
schrieb Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>:

> I am tempted to simplify xorg-server by suggesting the above drivers,
> and adding a message stating that a large selection of drivers for older
> hardware can be found in xorg-drivers.

Generally, I agree. I feel annoyed by the forced questionnaire. You
install drivers if you want the drivers. We could list the available
ones in a message. And they really should not be dependencies, just
suggestions.

But of course you have the question of upgrade path from the current
spell when for some reason someone relies on xorg-server pulling in
everything like the old monolithic Xorg.

Alrighty then,

Thomas