sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery doing a resurrect where SUB_DEPENDS need rebuild

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery doing a resurrect where SUB_DEPENDS need rebuild
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 23:00:28 +0100

On Saturday 21 of March 2015 20:27:54 Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> am I right in suspecting that it is a bug or a serious design flaw in
> sorcery when it still resurrects a spell although a rebuild is in order
> due to changed configuration?
>
> I see this with a minimal install of qt4 and later casting kdelibs4.
> Via kdelibs4, some sub-dependencies get triggered and qt4 gets put into
> the queue. At the end, it's just resurrected from cache, though,
> instead of built with the changed configuration.
>
> Worse, still ... sorcery really thinks it built qt4 with the specified
> config next time (no work to do for qt4 even with the sub depends firing).
>
> Did I encounter some buggy corner case or is this really an oversight
> in the design?
It's an oversight / missing implementation. And probably not the only one, as
I remember having a WIP branch addressing some of the issues (version related
iirc) at one point. And that did not get finished and merged, it was actually
one of the reasons for a delayed release of the first 1.14 or 1.15.

A workaround idea is to use also force_depends in the actual SUB_DEPENDS
payloads, where they are dependency related.

LP
--
To err is humour
www.gemrb.org