sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Sorcery doing a resurrect where SUB_DEPENDS need rebuild

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery doing a resurrect where SUB_DEPENDS need rebuild
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:27:54 +0100

Hi,

am I right in suspecting that it is a bug or a serious design flaw in
sorcery when it still resurrects a spell although a rebuild is in order
due to changed configuration?

I see this with a minimal install of qt4 and later casting kdelibs4.
Via kdelibs4, some sub-dependencies get triggered and qt4 gets put into
the queue. At the end, it's just resurrected from cache, though,
instead of built with the changed configuration.

Worse, still ... sorcery really thinks it built qt4 with the specified
config next time (no work to do for qt4 even with the sub depends firing).

Did I encounter some buggy corner case or is this really an oversight
in the design?

Alrighty then,

Thomas