sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Announcing Source Mage BitTorrent tracker

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Announcing Source Mage BitTorrent tracker
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:16:14 +0300

Hello, mages!

As a part of the plan for extending SMGL presence, I hereby introduce a
launch of the official Source Mage BitTorrent tracker.

Many distros give such ability for new incomers, so I've decided it
might be useful to have one too.

This tracker will be used for our "fat" files like ISO or chroot images.
It is a private UDP tracker[0], so make sure your favorite BitTorrent
client supports it. Its current address is:

udp://leviathan.sourcemage.ru:7000

I probably will work on some useful features, so a bit of C++ coding
might take some time :-); and after testing we can point a host under
our official sourcemage.org domain to it. But at the moment everything
you can expect from it works pretty fine. There is a couple of boxes
seeding the torrents, but I hope there will be more soon enough.

The following torrents are registered on the tracker, as available for
regular fetch from our download page[1] (in short -- everything stable
(and rc if there's no stable) and one step backwards):

* the latest stable i486 ISO
* the previous stable i486 ISO
* the latest rc x86_64 ISO
* the latest stable ppc ISO
* the latest stable i686 chroot image
* the latest stable x86_64 chroot image
* the previous stable i686 chroot image
* the previous stable x86_64 chroot image

If you think something is missing, drop me a mail.

Our mirrors (including mine[2]) have been updated, so you can
find .torrent files for every release mentioned above at:

http://download.sourcemage.org

The download page on the site has been updated as well.

Thanks, and happy leeching (oh, and seeding, yes -- spread SMGL as far
as possible :-)!

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UDP_tracker
[1] http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Download
[2] http://www.sourcemage.ru/

--
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>

  • [SM-Discuss] Announcing Source Mage BitTorrent tracker, Vlad Glagolev, 02/19/2015