sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] multilib

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] multilib
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 15:44:25 -0600

> AFAIK, multilib isn't supported in Source mage. You could probably find a
> way to do it, but IME multilib systems get really messy in source-based
> distros. What I usually do is make a 32-bit chroot. It's way cleaner and
> easier to maintain IMO.

OK, thanks for answering.

Actually I was thinking of chroot, but that implies like having a 2nd
smgl on 32 bits which need to be kept up to date for those libs wanted
on the 64 bits system under lib32 or similar. That without counting
what really is required to be there in lib32, cause the applications
(/usr/bin)) of course are not to be passed to the 64 bits box.

I guess it really is a pain, :-)

I also guess it's a similar problem for the non x86 architectures, for
which such apps are not available, and of course there are no sources
to compile, :-)

I hope at some point binaries are not required at all, though not there yet.

--
Javier