sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] updates to devel-xorg

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] updates to devel-xorg
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 18:41:25 +0200

Am Sat, 27 Sep 2014 17:24:13 +0200
schrieb Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>:

> I'd rather keep the devel branches separate for now so that we can keep
> our options open. I'm not yet sure whether incremental updates is better
> than a big bang update or vice versa.

Well, if we go for incremental, then we should define a procedure to
test things. At least a VM / chroot with default options should always
build. I hope something like that comes out of the current process. For
every release of grimoire, there's a chroot (better two: basesystem,
for installation etc., and a bigger one to cover a useful set of
spells ... or even all spells that don't conflict!) and any change in
grimoire should keep that chroot to be able to

1) update (sorcery -g)
2) rebuild

> For me current test is working perfectly fine on multiple systems
> including X11, as long as you don't go around selecting scm versions of
> X packages. So I would propose the first order of business is getting
> current master to stable.

I don't oppose that. And actually, the system I use most is indeed on
test grimoire with "old" xorg, too. But it's on the other end of the
spectrum where I only update things when I feel the need. I work on
this box and don't just update software for fun there. So it's no
reference platform for testing (but maybe it is an even more realistic
one?).

But, to get slightly off-thread-topic: Doesn't anyone have something on
http://sourcemage.org/issues/662? Is this at least reliably
reproducable for you?

Alrighty then,

Thomas