sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] updates to devel-xorg

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] updates to devel-xorg
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 16:29:04 +0200

I would like to merge devel-icu and devel-libpng into devel-xorg next week,
after the release of icu-54.1.

As info, Qt5 has just updated their embedded copy of icu to 53.1

1. merge master -> devel-xorg
2. merge devel-icu -> devel-xorg
3. merge devel-libpng -> devel-xorg
4. update icu in devel-xorg

5. push devel-xorg
6. delete dev-icu
7. delete devel-libpng

The reason for doing it this way is to minimise the number of rebuilds.
I assume the devel-xorg is used mainly by developers, who can best cope with
any unexpected fallout.

It also means that users of stable or test would not undergo a double set of
rebuilds when devel-xorg is merged to master.

Does this sound realistic?
Or would people prefer that I merge devel-icu directly to master and then on
to devel-xorg?

Regards, Treeve