sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SOURCEFORGE_URL

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SOURCEFORGE_URL
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:25:50 -0500

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com> wrote:
> If we are just going to use downloads.sourceforge.net, why not just
> change SOURCEFORGE_URL to default to that?
> downloads.sourceforge.net/${PROJECT_NAME}/${SOURCE} works perfectly
> and spell maintainers don't have to fix anything.

I should probably clarify that by perfectly I mean it get's a 301
moved permanently and then forwards to the correct url, which is the
same thing that happens now. So actually it wouldn't make a
difference, but either way it still works. I guess all we really need
to do is get rid of the dead mirrors in sorcery.