sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 18:10:20 +0900

Ismael Luceno (ismael.luceno AT gmail.com) wrote [11.09.09 17:55]:
> El Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:06:23 +0900
> flux <flux AT sourcemage.org> escribió:
> > What bits is it missing? Depending on what one does/uses, those bits
> > may be crucial.
>
> ConTeXt. Also there's a minor issue with fmtutil; it's looking for
> the default fmtutil.cnf in the wrong dir.

ALL of ConTeXt is missing?! And you pushed that upstream? If this is the
case, then that's a horrible commit and needs to be reverted. The issue
with fmtutil can be fixed, but this sounds like a broken spell update
that shouldn't have been committed.

> > I'm starting to think that we should avoid using texlinks during
> > install, and just set up latex and pdflatex as symlinks to pdftex
> > ourselves (or set tex itself as a symlink to pdftex, but only after
> > testing the heck out of doing so as I have a feeling that will break
> > something).
>
> Why?

Because texlinks is obviously not what its supposed to be and doesn't
produce correct installs, according to what you've described.

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage