sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] kde3 removal from grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] kde3 removal from grimoire
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:13:48 +0200

We got to the idea about removing kde3 from grimoire since kde4 is the main
branch and nobody is maintaining kde3.

Purpose of this thread is to decide how and when.

My suggestions:
How? Spells will most definitely will need to be just deleted and not
deprecated. But the question remains what are we going to do with spells that
mandatory depend on spells that we will remove. Of course we will do all
changes in one devel git branch which we will merge when everything is done.

When? Well I think we shouldn't start before 1. October 2011. That gives
little more than 3 weeks to discuss this. I think that is more than enough.

Kind regards,
Bor