sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Redmine Project structure

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Redmine Project structure
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:05:55 +0200

On Wed, 25 May 2011 14:00:14 -0500
David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org> wrote:

> I've created projects for our major components.
>
> Sorcery, Cauldron, Grimoire.
>
> I've created a project for IMP and it's subprojects for data.
>
> What we need to decide on now is the other projects that would go up on
> the site.
>
> They need to have owners, a "component lead" if you will. Or I can make
> a new role on the site called "Project Owner" since we have specific
> requirements for Component Leads, as per our voting process.
>
> Or we can go a step further and make these real supported components, as
> we have our other three. That's also a reasonable solution.
>
> It's been mentioned to me that we should have one for quill and some of
> the other projects there, perhaps castfs.
>
> What do you all think?
>
> David

IMP is shaping up to be quite an important and integrated part of SMGL, just
like Sorcery and Cauldron.

On the other hand we have other projects like Quill, Enthrall and Castfs.
While these projects are useful, they can be dispelled or switched off.

I think that's probably the best way to divide projects: can they be disabled
without affecting usability.

Cauldron is vital to be able to install SMGL, once installed the box will not
work without sorcery or the grimoire and soon IMP will be required to manage
init scripts.

I suggest we group these other projects together without making them
components.

Arjan Bouter

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,