sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Evaluation of 2.6.32.4 as possible new kernel on ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Evaluation of 2.6.32.4 as possible new kernel on ISO
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 00:53:46 +0100

>>> I'm currently testing out 2.6.32.4 on one of my systems
>>>
>> I have been using 2.6.32.4 since I had updated the linux spell into
>> 2.6.32.4. :-)
>> Really no problem.
>> Looking to the new stable iso. :-)
>>

> Please tell me the hardware you run it on as well as the settings
> (filesystems, security options, etc.). Simply knowing that it runs
> tells me that it is stable on one machine, but doesn't help me to know
> how stable it is across a wide range of hardware and use cases. ;)

I really don't want to discuss again what kernel is stable.
Look at www.kernel.org: Latest Stable Kernel: 2.6.32.4.
Moreover 2.6.32 is new long mantained kernel
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzg5MQ , upstream
support of 2.6.27 is closing H2'2010 so where is the problem ? I have
several boxes, really no needs to tell you, just allow in iso's kernel
config as much hardware as possible. Of course we need support for all
new filesystems: ext4, btrfs, ...

--
Ladislav Hagara