sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] kde4-unstable versions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] kde4-unstable versions
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:12:14 +0200

I am not sure how many people are interested in these nowadays.

1. snaphots are released almost every week
2. the number of new commits is of the order of several thousand each time
3. by the time that the snapshot reaches a stable grimoire, it will be about
2-3 months old.
4. kde has now switched to requiring qt-4.6, which is not even available as a
beta tarball yet.

For all these reasons, I will switch maintenance of the unstable kde stuff to
the devel-kde44 branch.
Also I am considering removing the multiversion support from these spells.

Any comments?
--
Regards, Treeve

  • [SM-Discuss] kde4-unstable versions, Treeve Jelbert, 10/12/2009