sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Update to xorg-server 1.7.0

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Update to xorg-server 1.7.0
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:27:45 +0200 (CEST)

:2009-10-10T17:41:Treeve Jelbert:

> on my system this prompted a cast of liblbxutil, which failed
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -march=k8 -fPIC -DPIC -pipe -O3 -MT
> reqstats.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/reqstats.Tpo -c ./lbx_zlib/reqstats.c -o
> reqstats.o >/dev/null 2>&1
> ./lbx_zlib/lbx_zlib.c:69:36: error: X11/extensions/lbxzlib.h: No such file
> or
> directory

Hmm odd. I have this installed so didn't notice it. Will look at
upstream about it as well.

> I have previously built xorg-server-1.7.0 without having liblbxutil ( Ihad
> deleted the depends). It runs fine for me.
> Also libxxf86misc and xf86miscproto are not needed.

Will look into upstream about this.

> I don't think that trapproto and libxtrap are needed by anything either.
> These are very old, and don't seem to be mentioned in the compile log.

Well the compile log is much reduced. Instead of being verbose it's very
limited. I'll look to upstream about it.

On a side note: I'm glad that people have started doing work in the
branches but I ask one thing. Do not put devel versions into that branch
but make another one if you need them.

--
Andraž ruskie Levstik
Source Mage GNU/Linux Games/Xorg grimoire guru

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.