sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] odbc spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] odbc spells
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 14:29:02 -0500

On Mon, 4 May 2009 21:17:40 +0200
Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp> wrote:

> On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 11:37:46AM -0500, George Sherwood wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 May 2009 18:25:33 +0200
> > Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be> wrote:
> > > Most other distros seem to have patched qt4 to use libiodbc.
> > >
> > > Would it upset any users of unixodbc, if we also went this route?
> >
> > Would such a patch still allow unixodbc? Hopefully we could still
> > use both, I am not an expert in this area though.
> >
> > You probably noticed that I had to patch qt4 to compile with recent
> > versions of unixodbc this weekend.
>
> Is upstream aware of this situation, both the new unixodbc issue as
> well as the Soprano issue? Have they provided any view on the matter?

As far as the unixodbc issue there are three different bugs written:

http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=228194

http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=191151

http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=225004

None of them have any resolution written for them.

George

--
George Sherwood
Source Mage GNU/Linux Lead Developer