sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of xorg-server in test grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of xorg-server in test grimoire
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:35:24 +0100

On Sunday 01 March 2009 13:15:26 Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
> devel-xorg-modular branch of grimoire.git now has
> xorg-server 1.6
>
> And some other things. The one thing needed also is randrproto but only
> the proto. Everything else randr related like xrandr and libxrandr should
> be taken from master branch.

xf86-video-vga won't compile against the new xorg-server, but since it has
not
been updated for 3 years, it may well be obsolete

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1
-march=k8 -fPIC -DPIC -pipe -O3 -MT generic.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/generic.Tpo -
c generic.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/generic.o
generic.c:53:20: error: xf4bpp.h: No such file or directory
generic.c:54:20: error: xf1bpp.h: No such file or directory
generic.c:245: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before
'GenericISAchipsets'
generic.c: In function 'GenericProbe':
generic.c:330: error: 'GenericISAchipsets' undeclared (first use in this
function)
generic.c:330: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
generic.c:330: error: for each function it appears in.)
generic.c:342: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xf86-video-vga-X11R7.1-4.1.0/src'

--
Regards, Treeve