sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of xorg-server in test grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of xorg-server in test grimoire
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:15:26 +0100 (CET)

devel-xorg-modular branch of grimoire.git now has
xorg-server 1.6

And some other things. The one thing needed also is randrproto but only
the proto. Everything else randr related like xrandr and libxrandr should
be taken from master branch.

Now go out and have fun testing this. If I don't receive any gatting
reports by next weekend I'll merge this into master and be done with it.

Now for future. I propose we follow the X release cycle for X and
anything in between to be put into devel-xorg-modular and pulled into
test only after a month of testing by atleast one person. This means
using it like you normally would. This means things like libs and
xorg-server primarily. For drivers there is no such issue as they can be
easily reverted if there are any issues.

X release cycle is a release every 6 months.

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Releases

If this is to hard for some to follow I'll take over maintenance of all
the modular X spells and will do it this way. And revert anything
in-between anyone else updates in these sections.

What would this mean. It would mean I would run update cycles once per
month for between releases updates. At which time I would pull in the
last months updates to master and update the new stuff in
devel-xorg-modular.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies.
Ryle hira.