sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Be a smeghead, come to SMEG

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Remko van der Vossen" <wich AT stack.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Be a smeghead, come to SMEG
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:05:39 +0100 (CET)

> Perhaps. It depends on how many of attendees there will be. But we also
> should leave some time for more fun/random stuff, so we don't get too
> bored or insane (or more insane).

Of course, any goals should be motivating. It doesn't help if they're way
too easy, but it certainly doesn't help if it's not obtainable or just
plain too much work.

> Having a bunch of developers in one room is also a good way to get harder
> things done. Force your idea enough and we may work on it together. Things
> like user/group managment, IMP, smgl-fhs, init metadata, sorcery cookie
> support (we already support beer) ...

I say we add whisky support.

>> Oh, by the way, one thing, FreeBSD is the OS of choice for many a
>> Stacker, so be prepared ;)

> For pillow fights? :D *

lol

> Nah, why could that matter? We also have Thomas to keep them occupied.

Some of 'm scoff at linux, I thought I'd just let you guys know so you
won't be too surprised to find a load of beastie enthusiast roaming about.

Remko van der Vossen