sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg modular finally merged

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg modular finally merged
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:46:14 +0200

On 09:41:48 2008-09-04 Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz> wrote:

> > Ok I'm positing this for a few requests:
> >
> > a) do not update anything xorg-modular related to a newer version
> > until
> > stable-rc 0.26 is cut that will include it(I hope)
> >
> > b) if you want to, do so in devel-xorg-modular branch so that it can
> > be
> > merged back in later
> >
> > Reason I'm asking this is that the current versions are atm quite
> > tested and seem to be stable. I'd like to have this pushed to stable
> > first before we go and break things again. I'll be updating some
> > things in devel-xorg-modular
> > and if I can test it enough to see how stable it is(and anyone else)
> > I'll merge it in.
>
> Imho xorg-modular in test grimoire is stable enough to go to stable-rc
> now. I know there are some rules but really no needs 1 month testing in
> test grimoire.
> As you wrote, current versions are quite tested, so why not to commit
> them to stable-rc and start update xorg to 1.5 in test.
> I realy do not want to have 1.5 in only devel-xorg-modular branch next
> several months.

It won't be... as said only until the stable is cut. I know that alley_cat
had issues cutting 0.25 without -modular this time around... So I doubt
we'll
have a repeat performance in a month...

A one month soak is good idea anyway it might hit any possible bugs and also
this will give our users a chance to upgrade to the new stable sorcery
which is needed with -modular now. So if no other reason getting a wider
spread of stable sorcery first is a good idea before this hits stable
grimoire.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies.
Ryle hira.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C