sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg modular finally merged

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: "sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg modular finally merged
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:41:48 +0200

> Ok I'm positing this for a few requests:
>
> a) do not update anything xorg-modular related to a newer version until
> stable-rc 0.26 is cut that will include it(I hope)
>
> b) if you want to, do so in devel-xorg-modular branch so that it can be
> merged back in later
>
> Reason I'm asking this is that the current versions are atm quite tested
> and seem to be stable. I'd like to have this pushed to stable first before
> we go and break things again. I'll be updating some things in
> devel-xorg-modular
> and if I can test it enough to see how stable it is(and anyone else) I'll
> merge it in.

Imho xorg-modular in test grimoire is stable enough to go to stable-rc now.
I know there are some rules but really no needs 1 month testing in test
grimoire.
As you wrote, current versions are quite tested, so why not to commit
them to stable-rc and start update xorg to 1.5 in test.
I realy do not want to have 1.5 in only devel-xorg-modular branch next
several months.

--
Ladislav Hagara