sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] protected and files under /usr/share/www

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] protected and files under /usr/share/www
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 23:15:49 -0700

So I'm trying to re-work how web pages are handled (so I can have
drupal update without wiping out my currently working setup) and am
changing install_www_files (and drupal, since it sends it's own path)
to install to $INSTALL_ROOT/usr/share/www/$SPELL-$VERSION. This will
allow site admins time to work on updating their website to the new
version without wiping their old config (e.g. /usr/share/www/drupal-5.9
will continue to exist and be unmodified after drupal-6.3
installs /usr/share/www/drupal-6.3).

My current (and only) problem is that dispel will remove the old
version's (e.g. /usr/share/www/drupal-5.9) files. I have tried adding
the following regex's to grimoire/protected, but to no avail:
^/usr/share/www/.*
^/usr/share/www
^/usr/share/www/*.*
^/usr/share/www/.*/.*/.*
^/usr/share/www/.*/.*

Some were just to test and see if *any* files were left alone, but they
were not. I had drupal 5.9 installed, then updated to 6.3, and all of
my unmodified 5.9 files were removed, so my website kerplunked. :/ I
want our spells to not break an existing setup, as much as possible,
and moving to versioned directories for websites is the best (since
re-installing the same version will not overwrite modified files,
thanks to install_www_files using install_config_files).

Any ideas on how to get Sorcery to leave files behind as though they
were protected, or to get an entire subdirectory under the protected
group?

Thanks,

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285