sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO installation presentation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO installation presentation
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 02:15:22 -0400

Ladislav Hagara (ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz) wrote [08.08.09 19:54]:
> What about
> "- 03/30 ---- kernel configuration
> -----------------------------------------------------" ?
> Just idea.

This is possible, but somewhat non-trivial. Currently the step titles
are included in the text files for the steps themselves. I could either
write something that gets the step title from the file that we get the
step ordering from (the curr step: next step: stuff), but that wouldn't
be quite the same. Alternatively, I could extract the step titles into a
separate file, and then grab from there based on the step number. Either
way, this would involve more code (though not much), and I'm too lazy to
implement this now. I will keep it around for the future though ;)
However, is it not enough to have the step number info encoded in the
bash prompt? Just a question :)

--
Justin "flux" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage