sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] tar 1.20

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM, Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] tar 1.20
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:00:04 -0600

Hi,

As of Today's latest test grimoire update the tar spell requires a
patch to support lzma-utils:

#default_pre_build &&
cd $SOURCE_DIRECTORY

if is_depends_enabled $SPELL lzma-utils; then
patch -p1 < $SPELL_DIRECTORY/tar_lzma.diff
fi

Looking at the patch itself it looks like it supposes that lzma is not
supported at all by tar, see for example at tar_lzma.diff:

- ct_bzip2
+ ct_bzip2,
+ ct_lzma
};

However after the last test grimoire upgrade, that support seems to be
already included:

buffer.c
----------
enum compress_type {
ct_none,
ct_compress,
ct_gzip,
ct_bzip2,
ct_lzma
};
tar.c
------
case LZMA_OPTION:
set_use_compress_program_option ("lzma");

Looks like the patch is NO longer required. Actually the patch fails
if applied. So although I have lzma-utils installed, answering NO to
its usage for the tar spell cast is the best option right now.

Is this known already? I see no comments on this yet, neither a bug filed...

Thanks,

--
Javier