sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] GCC 4.3 not quite ready for primetime

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] GCC 4.3 not quite ready for primetime
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:46:45 -0500

Lots of things don't build. The kernel doesn't build for Christ's sake!
It's definitely not quite ready for the test grimoire as lots of spells die. I can't even get through a complete rebuild.
CPIO doesn't build in gcc 4.3
the kernel doesn't build in gcc 4.3

That's like 2 out of 20. So that's like 10% of our spells won't build on gcc 4.3. And I haven't even gotten into kde stuff yet.

I know it's the test grimoire, but this is ridiculous. This is fodder for the devel grimoire.
Stuff in test is supposed to work for the most part. I suppose you could define that 10% of spells failing is not the most part, but when you can't even compile a kernel using that gcc, that's pathetic.

--
David Kowis
| www.ronpaul2008.com | www.sourcemage.org |