sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: sorcery usabilty study results

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: sorcery usabilty study results
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 01:26:40 +0200

So here is the sorted initial list of the shortcuts and what they woud run:
cc - cast --queue (who can spell queue anyway?)
cp - cleanse --prune
dd - dispel --downgrade
gs - gaze search
gv - gaze version
sg - sorcery upgrade
sh - sorcery hold
sq - sorcery -q
su - scribe update

In my opinion these are a very bad idea. They will confuse users more
(because the meaning behind them will be hidden), and worse, they will

I also do not like this idea. It is very confusing. Moreover most of your shortcuts are regular names of Unix commands.

For new users I would created links started with smgl- (smgl-cast; smgl-dispel; smgl-scribe; ...) so if user does not know the right command he/she just writes smgl- and presses TAB and can see all sorcery commands.

Users can use bash-completion.

--
Ladislav Hagara