sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] gcc broke during `sorcery -s`

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Dale E. Edmons" <demaillists AT comcast.net>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] gcc broke during `sorcery -s`
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:42:39 -0700

Hi all,

I just backed up my stable to my devel disk and booted it.
Then I ran sorcery and set it to test, verified that test was
first in the grimoire list and did a `sorcery -s`. It looked to
be doing fine until it failed on linux. After than fuse and
castfs were successes. The third after linux was gcc which
failed and everything after that was broken from sorcery's
point of view.

I've backup up to my devel disk again and will try again in
a chroot.

Has anyone had this or a similar failure? I was a bit taken
aback that sorcery couldn't figure out gcc had gone south,
but there is a lot that goes on during a system-update.

I'll try again and see what happens.

Thank

Dale E. Edmons
(aka linuxfan)