sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc broke during `sorcery -s`

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: eekee57 AT fastmail.fm
  • To: smgl AT lynxlynx.info
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc broke during `sorcery -s`
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:20:28 +0000 (GMT)

On 27 Mar, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> To affect the system, gcc would probably have to fail in the install
> phase, where the previous version is already gone and the new one more
> or less still to be installed.

There is a bug that suggests useful failsafe behaviour for cast in the
cases where a sustained spell fails during the install phase. I can't
find the actual bug, but the logic was somehting like this, all in the
INSTALL phase:

Make a cache of current version unless one exists already
Install as usual
If install failed
Clean up and reinstall from cache

--
Ethan Grammatikidis

16:32:10 <+flux_control> git blame "struct filled with hex" && shoot_on_sight