sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 23:33:01 -0800

Treeve Jelbert wrote:
just a warning that the latest unstable version of kde4, kde4-4.0.63, requires qt-4.4 in order to build. This means either a snapshot or prerelease of qt4.

my system is currently busy building this version of kde4.

kdebase-workspace4 needs to provide pam.d/kde for kdm4 to work with PAM, but that is also provided by kdebase. Shall we start having KDE3 and KDE4 packages conflict, or is there another way to have both?

FYI, they both need to be called /etc/pam.d/kde because "kde" is the "module" kdm/kdm4 use for authentication. There may be some way to change it to "kde4" for kdm4, but I have not looked into that option.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285