sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] KDE4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] KDE4
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:06:19 +0100

On Saturday 09 February 2008 21:35:51 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> In case anyone is wondering, kde4 is currently tracking the kde 4.1
> development version, currently 4.0.61. This is because 4.0.60 was
> available before 4.0.1 and kde 4.1 has things that I wanted, eg
> kdepim.
>
> I have now removed all kde3/qt3 stuff from my system and find that
> kde4 works fine for me. I even have koffice2 installed.
>
> If any feels strongly about providing kde 4.0.1, feel free to add
> stable/devel options to the various spells, but I am using the devel
> version.

I have now upgraded most of the spells to build stable/unstable
versions. These are currently 4.0.1/4.0.61.

Everything is triggered by a PREPARE in kdelibs4, to keep all the spells
in sync. There is not a stable version of kdepim4 at present.

I added this logic because soon the unstable version will need qt-4.4,
which is not yet released.

--
Regards, Treeve