sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] PR/Advertising suggestion

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] PR/Advertising suggestion
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:55:20 +0100

On 11:46:39 2008-01-19 Alexander Tsamutali <astsmtl AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> Here is my little suggestion on how to promote Source Mage. Many
> projects have pages where they collect installation instructions
> for different distributions. I always see Fedora, Ubuntu, Gentoo there,
> but almost never saw Source Mage. So i started to pay attention to this
> matter and submitted installation instructions for some projects. It's a
> win-win situation for us, for upstream and for users. So wherever you
> see such page and there is no Source Mage there, contact upstream and
> ask them to add Source Mage specific installation instructions, often
> this page is on the wiki so you can just register, edit and save.
>
> Here are examples where Source Mage is listed:
>
> http://www.globulation2.org/wiki/Download_and_Install#Source_Mage_GNU.2FLinux

> http://www.extremetuxracer.com/wiki/index.php?title=Installation_FAQ
> http://www.warsow.net/wiki/index.php?title=Installation#Source_Mage
> http://xmonad.org/
>
> And here is an example where Source Mage is not listed but should be
> there on the first place, because Treeve worked so hard to provide our
> users with kde4 ASAP. IIRC Source Mage supported kde4 since earliest
> beta releases.
>
> http://www.kde.org/info/4.0.php
>
> So what do you think about it?

Does this mean you'll be staying with us ;)

Yes this is the kind of thing we need and I usually always notify authors of
apps which I spellified on the info that they have been added and how to
install them in sourcemage... Sometimes it get's onto their install
instructions pages sometimes not...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C